Family Tip 10 - Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
“To restore all things in Christ” ~ Saint Pius X
This devotion was introduced to the world by Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey with approval of several popes such as St. Pius X, Benedict XV and Pius XI. Fr. Mateo, a priest from Chile, traveled the world, including the United States, in 1940.
Benefits of this devotion
Our Lord’s promises:
1) “I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.”
2) “I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.”
3) “I will establish peace in their families.”
4) “I will comfort them in their trials.”
*The above promises were taken from the 12 promises made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque in 1673.
How to make it happen:
1) Obtain a beautiful picture or statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
2) Ask your priest to come to enthrone the Sacred Heart in your home.
Note: In the event a priest is not available, there may be a lay member or “promoter” in charge of this apostolate in your parish. Even the father or mother of the house may lead the prayers in this simple, yet powerful, ceremony.
3) If possible, make this a special occasion by inviting some of your friends and family.
This will help others pick up the same idea for their own homes.
4) Print up the prayers for the participants to follow. (click here for prayers)
5) Prepare some refreshments for after the Enthronement ceremony.
The steps in the ceremony are:
1) An opening hymn or prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus;
2) An explanation of the meaning of the Enthronement;
3) The blessing of the image or statue of the Sacred Heart by the priest;
4) Placement of the image of the Sacred Heart in a place of honor in the home;
5) The Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart;
6) A closing hymn (optional).
DAILY QUOTE for July 5, 2020
SAINT OF THE DAY
St. Elizabeth of Portugal
The young men began to boast of some foolish love affairs. Not to be outdone by his peers, a noble youth named Thomas declared that he, too, loved a great lady, and was beloved by her.