The Family Rosary - Best Family Tip
“Continue to pray the Rosary every day.”
~ Our Lady of Fatima to Sister Lucia
With all the talk today about “quality time” and the importance of “bonding” in the family, the Rosary is the perfect solution! Your family will be gathered together for a common purpose in the sanctity of your own home. And remember the motto: “The family that prays together, stays together.”
Here is what the Experts have to say about the many benefits you will receive from praying the family rosary:
- Your Problems Will Be Solved: “The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary…There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.” - Sister Lucia dos Santos
- You Will Become a Better Person: "When people love and recite the Rosary they find it makes them better.”
- Saint Anthony Mary Claret
- You will have PEACE: "If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary." - Pope Pius XI
- You Will Shake the Heart of God: “Go to the Madonna. Love her! Always say the Rosary. Say it well. Say it as often as you can! Be souls of prayer. Prayer shakes the Heart of God, it obtains necessary graces!”
- Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina
- You Will Have a Closer Bond with Mary: “You must know that when you ‘hail’ Mary, she immediately greets you! Don’t think that she is one of those rude women of whom there are so many — on the contrary, she is utterly courteous and pleasant. If you greet her, she will answer you right away and converse with you!”
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- A Holy Death: “Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.” - The Blessed Virgin Mary
- Eternal Salvation: “The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary shall not perish.”
- The Blessed Virgin Mary
In promoting the Family Rosary, we recognize that today’s family is under many pressures – work and school schedules, getting enough sleep, catching up with the laundry, paying the bills, etc., etc.
So here are a few tips from some experienced mothers and fathers who say, emphatically, “It can be done!”
1). SET THE STAGE: Find a crucifix or statue of Our Lady* and place in a prominent spot in your living room. Set up a candle or two and a small vase of flowers (real or silk) to give a calm, restful and reverent feel to your “prayer place.” You will be amazed at how this ambience will affect the children. They will sense that something special happens here!
2). CARVE OUT SOME TIME: Most parents report that the end of the day is best. All the chores are done, the kids are in their pajamas and everyone is ready to “call it a day.” But by spending 15 minutes saying the Family Rosary, you will transform your ordinary day into a precious bouquet of love for Our Lady.
3). ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION: One way to keep their little wandering minds engaged is to assign a different mystery to each child. “Jerry, will you please lead the third glorious mystery?” There’s nothing like a “pop quiz” to keep them on their toes! Many children actually enjoy the sense of responsibility this entails; it is an honor to lead the rosary.
4). HAVE A “PLAN B”: Stuff happens: especially in a family! So, have a contingency plan and you will never miss your chance to pray your rosary. For example, if you are going for a drive with the children in tow, go ahead! Pray your rosary in the car. (they can’t squabble as much if they’re praying, right?) With enough consistency, the day just won’t feel complete without your family rosary!
5). ORA ET LABORA: “Pray and work” This is the ancient Benedictine motto and it works for families, too. So, the dishes aren’t done (but you are!) and the laundry still needs folding. With monastic music to set the tone, assign one person as “leader.” The rest of the family can pray the rosary while doing what needs to be done to maintain order in your busy household. Our Lady is a mother; she understands!
6). CLICK HERE: to get your free “Rosary Guide.” It is beautifully illustrated and will help provide all the prayers and meditations your family will need to become Our Lady’s Prayer Warriors!
*If you don’t have one already, they can be purchased online at our store or “rescued” from any Goodwill or secondhand shop.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
QUOTES by POPES on THE ROSARY:
- "Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world." - Pope Pius IX
- "Among all the devotions approved by the Church, none has been so favored by so many miracles as the Rosary devotion." - Pope Pius IX
- “The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers; it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God…and if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family Rosary.”
- Pope Saint Pius X
- “Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors."
- Pope Pius XI
- “There is no surer means of calling down God's blessings upon the family... than the daily recitation of the Rosary.” - Pope Pius XII
- “How beautiful is the family that recites the Rosary every evening.” - Pope John Paul II
- “Dear young people, I invite you to value this traditional Marian prayer which helps us to understand better the central moments of salvation realized by Christ.” - Pope Benedict XVI
DAILY QUOTE for May 24, 2019
SAINT OF THE DAY
St. Vincent of Lérins
Fatima custodians often meet people who know little or nothing about the Catholic faith. A few years ago I had such an experience in Florida