Incredibly, this Christmas, the Edinburgh City Council has insulted Catholics and other Christians…
- by allowing male-to-female transgender playwright Jo Clifford to publicly blaspheme Our Lord at Christmas time with his play The Gospel According to Jesus, Queen of Heaven, in which he impersonates Jesus Christ as a transgender man dressed up as and believing he’s a woman.
- ...“condemned by the Archbishop of Glasgow, who declared that it was "hard to imagine a greater affront to the Christian faith".
The script of the play has the transgender ‘Jesus’ preach to the audience, after referring to the Sermon on the Mount:
- “I never said beware the trans or the queer. Because I am one of them.”
Lorna Irvine, an online reviewer supportive of this blasphemous play, relates that… [with my emphasis]
- “Clifford, herself a trans gender woman, delivers a show that is profound and moving, witty and filthy, …”
- “She is defiant and beatific, delighted that people find her perverse.”
- “It only strengthens her resolve to challenge their deep-seated prejudice.” ‘We disturb the sense of who they are.’ She plays fast and loose with the tenets of organized religion – paraphrasing prayers for queens everywhere – “
Thank you for speaking out. And may Our Lord Jesus Christ reward you!