Jerry Springer: The Opera is opening in its Off-Broadway Premiere at the Pershing Square Signature Center in Manhattan.
PLEASE SEND YOUR PETITION
You and I cannot accept such insults to Our Lord and the Catholic Faith!
- The crucifixion is mocked and the Holy Eucharist is trashed.
- Jesus is introduced as “the hypocrite son of the fascist tyrant on high.”
- Jesus wears a diaper, is fat, and effeminate.
- Eve gropes Jesus in a manner too indecent to describe.
- The Annunciation is described as an act of immorality.
- There is a lady singing “Jerry eleison” (mocking the Mass: Kyrie Eleison)
- God is a fat man in a white suit who complains about being blamed for everyone’s problems...
- ...so, to make things run better, God invites Jerry Springer to join Him
- “sit in Heaven beside me, hold my hand and guide me.”
- At the end, Jerry, not Our Lord Jesus Christ, emerges as the true savior of mankind.
So please let us send your protest message, before its premier, to The New Group at The Pershing Square Signature Center.